Saturday, May 2, 2009

Honey bee gardens Nail polish Review

With the budding trees and warmer temperatures comes one of my favorite signs of Spring and Summer-flip flop season!  And flip-flop season means painted toenails.  I was just running out of my toxic nail polish and had my eye out for something more Mama E friendly when I came across Honey Bee Gardens.  They make all kinds of products I would like to try, but this time I bought myself the Watercolors non-peel off polish in Destiny.  

Let me break down my experience for you...
The good:
  • Earth-friendly packaging
  • It went on smooth
  • It stayed on my toes well but came off easily
  • No toxic smell
  • Quick-drying
  • Great coverage
The bad:
  • It peels off my fingernails far too easily.
  • The color wasn't exactly true to the webite, although still pleasant.
So there you have it, the good far outweighs the bad.  Unless of course you are looking for fingernail polish specifically, in which case I would not recommend this.  Does anyone know a green gracious recommendation for fingernail polish?  Have you tried other polishes I should look into?  

3 comments:

Pattyskypants said...

The colors are very pretty! We used to buff our nails in the 70's, using a little rose-colored paste that came from Caswell-Massey. It was perfectly natural and actually much healthier.

Anonymous said...

Horrible product! If you want to apply polish and then never be able to remove it, buy Honey Bee Gardens nail polish.

Willo said...

Anonymous-I wish you would have posted your name so we could have a dialogue, because it is my experience that it came off very easily with remover and I appreciated it not chipping or peeling off while I was wearing it. I am sorry you had what sounds like a very negative experience indeed.