Friday, January 9, 2009

Rub a dub dub

Today I am placing the empty bottle for the first ever good for me, good for Mama E body wash I ever bought and used into the recycling bin.  Why am I telling you this?  Well, for a couple reasons.  The first is that I used this small, 8.5 oz. bottle to wash my whole body for over 5 months.  When I first bought it, the description said that due to the natural, organic products used, a little bit went a long way.  So I experimented with it and got it down to the smallest dab that produced enough suds to last my whole shower.  Even at $15 a bottle (and you can find it some places for less than that) that's only $3 a month for a shower gel that won't be putting toxins on your skin or washing them down the drain.  

I have used the Pyrenees Lavender and the Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower and loved both of them.  The Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower is definitely neutral enough that men can use it and I think some of the others might be the same way, like the  Canadian Pine with White Sage and the Egyptian Basil & Mint.  

The other great thing about a shower gel that you can use for 5 months (or more) is that you have less packaging having to be produced and recycled.  I bought a few bottles at once; one for home, one for my gym bag, and a couple for when I run out.  Having some on hand saves me shipping costs (and environmental impact) and the stress of having to run out to the store every time I go through a bottle...although that won't be happening very soon.

No comments: