Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lemon v. Tea

I love tea.  I adore it.  It makes me happy.  What does not make me happy is the stains left behind by my liquid love.  So when I heard that scrubbing with a lemon rind will remove tea-stained cups and counters I was thrilled.  

Here are my cups.  No matter how hard I scrub them with dish soap they remain dingy.


Here is the counter where I keep my tea pot and pour my tea and generally spill tea all over (accidentally of course) several times a day,


I took the left over lemon after squeezing it into my microwave cleaning mug and got to work.
  
After about 5 minutes of scrubbing, I was left with these results and the divine smell of living in a lemon tree grove...


What do you think?  Now here's the thing, because I don't drink it, I have no idea if this will work on coffee.  Does anyone else know?  Anyone willing to try it?  Come back tomorrow for a look at what sink v. lemon.

2 comments:

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

"Liquid Love" that made me giggle Willo! Tis true, I too am hooked on the good stuff. My usual daily tea is Earl Grey but I also find Chamomile tea is like a drug to me! It really calms me down, I love it! :)
Wow that lemon worked so well for you! I think I'll give it a go. I'm afraid I don't do coffee either, Tom does though, I may give the lemons a try on those stains too and see if it works :)

CC said...

It worked so well! Awesome! Now if I just had a lemon tree in my yard like my mom does....