Thursday, January 8, 2009

I adore these...magnets!

One great way to be earth friendly that people don't often think of is to buy unique products from small (often local) artists that make goods by hand, often using (or reusing) found materials.  I recently found these magnets which I adore!  Each one is hand made using a vintage National Geographic, which goes along perfectly with the 10 uses for this week.  Here they are in my home holding up my fridge picture hall of fame:























Every time I look at them they make me happy.  It's a great feeling knowing that you are putting things in your home that were made with care, are one-of-a-kind, and are helping an artist pursue their love and creativity.  Speaking of, check out that artist's store for more great products (including hand made journals) and check out all of Etsy for lots of handmade products.  Trust me, these little treasure will put a smile on your face and a little sunshine in your day.

No comments: