I am starting something new here at Green Gracious. It's called the Green Grab Bag. The idea is that every week while cruising the internet I find all kinds of cool ideas that I want to shout about from the roof-tops. But, as my roof is kind of slippery right now and I don't think the deer really care, I have decided to share them every Friday with all of you. So if you are goofing off on Fridays or have time to kill on the weekends, you will have great sites to see.
- Eileen wrote this great piece on Children and the Pressure to Buy. It is truly something every parent should contemplate.
- Which made this post by Vanessa even more perfect. Wouldn't it be great if every child could be part of a Nature Play Group?
- Trying to Be Greener had a great review of green perfumes.
- Also on the beauty front, Prissy Green handed out 4 recipes on making your own lip balm. I am SO trying this someday soon!
- If you have seen 10 Uses Tuesdays, you know I love getting more out of everyday items so I was head over heals when I saw 5 Orange Potatoes had this great post on 14 Things to do with Orange Peel. I particularly dig the ant and fly elimination ideas.
And finally if you are looking to do some shopping this weekend I found a few great things.
- Organic Baby Products 101 is launching on Valentine's Day and will have 3 posh giveaways.
- For adorable little (girls) clothes made of repurposed items check out Planet Playground.
- If you want to look at beautiful handmade clothes for you (women-wedding dress anyone?) take a look at The English Dept.
Have a very happy Friday and if you've seen any great sites this week, please share!