Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sun Safety


The sun is shining and it is glorious.  But I have a confession to make.  My complexion is consistently that of pale and pasty and there is no getting around it.  I have learned to accept it.  I now realize that when I color myself with crayons, I can't use peach, but instead must use the palest of pinks.  I tell you all this to say that I need sunscreen, and my kids do too.  And we want to do it in a safe, non-toxic way.  

The sunscreen we have chosen is Alba Botanical Kids Waterproof SPF 32.  I chose this because it was cheap, effective for kids too, waterproof, high in SPF, and safe for us.  I love it for all those reasons and the fact that it smells great, has excellent coverage, and isn't greasy.  

But I know that the same thing doesn't work for everyone, so here are some other safe sunscreen options:
Has anyone else tried any of these?  Any other safe sunscreen suggestions?

No comments: