I recently had the chance to try Zevia soda. This is a soda billed as nature's alternative to diet soda. Because it uses Stevia, a sweetener that is an herb grown in nature as opposed to a chemically produced substance (like nutrasweet, splenda, etc.) it is a more natural solution to those whole like a carbonated, calorie-free beverage. My sample pack included root-beer, cola, orange, and lemon-lime flavor.
- The root-beer flavor was the best by far
- The cola flavor was similar to a diet-coke
- The lemon-lime almost perfectly mimicked diet Sprite
- The packaging was earth friendly
- Zevia is ok for diabetics because Stevia doesn't effect blood sugar levels
- Because it's listed as a dietary supplement, it doesn't support the traditional nutrition label
- It was packaged like a traditional six pack, complete with plastic rings
- The Orange flavor was unpalatable to even my 3 year-old...that's pretty bad.
I am not a big soda drinker, but this is definitely a better alternative for soda addicts out there. It isn't available everywhere yet but comes with a flyer you can take into your grocery store manager to request it be sold there. You can try a sample pack for only the cost of shipping or use the coupon code FIVE4FRIENDS to receive $5 off a case.