Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crazy Sexy Book Recommendation

My self-designed course in Food for the Eco-Conscious continues. This week I got Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!by Kris Carr. It's a great compliment to the other books I've been reading and has given me more ideas in how to shake up my eating habits and make life healthier.

I was already a fan of Ms. Carr after seeing her documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer. She is beautiful, talented, and (most importantly) energetic about empowering people to change their lives and our planet.

I have never had cancer, but I do have a family history and I am interested in making a difference in my life and the world. This book is for me, and anyone else looking to become educated on what they are chowing down.

You may not go gung-ho on the crazy, sexy, diet. I'm not yet. But there are plenty of helpful tips that one can adopt slowly over time, from skin brushing to becoming a green juice goddess.

I am going to combine this with The Kind Diet to customize it for my life. So green smoothies and alkaline foods here I come!

Also, check out Crazy, Sexy, Life where there is an active community of do-gooders, eat-wellers such as yourselves.

No comments: