Sunday, March 13, 2011

If You Don't Got It...

The further I travel down my environmentally friendly path, the more aware I become that it's not just about what I can buy/use, but the biggest impact will ultimately come from my changes in thinking.

Which is why a lightbulb went off for me when I came across an Improvised Life post this week about cultivating resourcefulness. The post mentions the common West Virginia Appalachian saying, "If you don't got it, you don't need it."
Does that strike anyone else as brilliant? I realize I write this as someone with much. But isn't there a lesson for all of us in this resourceful reminder?
Sometimes the best way to come up with a solution is to limit the possibilities. My goal is to take this thought and use it daily to help me give thanks for what I have and do more with what is here.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Yes! Be thankful for what we have. It sounds so simple, but it truly is easy for me to forget.
Thanks for the reminder!