Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cultivating Gratitude

This morning I am giving thanks for this beautiful sunrise out my window.

And the fresh fallen snow that beautifully coats the trees in the last few quiet days of cuddling in front of the fire before the business of Spring.

They are just 2 of the (at least) 5 things I will jot in my journal this morning on my gratitude list. Tonight I will write 5 more. At every meal I will give thanks for the food I have, remember, and pray for those who have little or none. Tonight at dinner each member of my family will take a turn saying something for which they are grateful.

Cultivating gratitude is one of the tools to living simply. Focusing on gratitude for what I have allows me to take my focus after what I "want" and "need." More importantly though, it gives my family something we always have in common, frees my soul, and sets my feet on a happy path.

No comments: