Sunday, December 26, 2010

Naughty and Nice

Well, Christmas is over and as always, with lots of lessons learned. On the naughty side, I learned that next year I want ONLY toys, games, and presents that don't require packaging, batteries, or plastic. This year proved once again, that my kids will ultimately most enjoy playing with the box and the papers. So next year I will plan ahead to make it or buy it second hand and make all of us a lot happier when the wrapping paper is all torn off.
We weren't without niceness though. The wooden train bought at a craft show from a local toy maker was a big hit. I reused boxes to take as flashcards to practice Tucker's homework in the car when we travel. I am reusing Christmas cards to make bookmarks as class gifts next year. And the traditional card games (Uno, Old Maid, Skip Bo) were a big hit that we will enjoy as a family for years to come.

What about you? Where did you end up on the naughty and nice side of things for your holidays this year? Any tips or ideas on how to reuse from this year and make next year better?

No comments: