Monday, May 2, 2011

Garage Sale Finds:: Schoolcraft Sales

The season is here again for garage sales in Michigan.  In spirit if not in weather just yet.  Friday was fair and sunny though and it found Everett and I meandering through the neighboring village of Schoolcraft for the the local garage sales.  I must say we did very well for ourselves.

At the library I found this charming correspondence kit.  Is it just me or is there something so endearing about the idea of corresponding through a little kit with someone far away?

 Also from the library came these bookplates.  I adore books, bookplates, and these sweet birds.
 At a local church was this sleeping bag in perfect condition despite its being darlingly dated.
 The pillow and cover cost me $1.25.  Not only is it my favorite color, but it helped to completely impress my husband when I told him how much pillow covers can run in upscale catalogs.

What second hand goodies did you procure this this weekend?
Linking to: Thrift Share Monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What great finds. I like the colors in the s'bag, and the bookplates. Great shopping. Hugs!

Unknown said...

OMGosh - that patchwork fabric sleeping bag rocks! I wouldn't be able to pass that one up.

Michelle said...

I love the patchwork sleeping bag. It's adorable! I also like the book plates. Thanks for sharing your wonderful treasures!