Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Product Review: Argan Oil


I don't think I would ever be accused of being a fashionista. Don't get me wrong, I like to look as pretty as possible. But I can be realist, and realistically 2 little boys + sticking to a budget = easy does it in the beauty department. This means I was excited when I found something that not only simplifies my beauty routine, but helps my skin feel clearer, brighter, and healthier.

I have been using Josie Maran's argan oil for a few months now. I bought it myself and have no vested interested in the product except that it works for me. I use the pure 100% argan oil as a morning and night moisturizer and find that when using it I don't need any additional eye cream. Just a little bit (about 1/3 dropper) works to cover my whole face and doesn't leave it feeling oily. I have sensitive, dry skin and it doesn't irritate at all. Because I don't have oily skin, I can't speak directly to that (please share if you do and have tried it) but because it absorbs so fast and you can use so little, I really think it might be ok for oilier skin.

After the oil worked out so well, I tried the color stick, concealer, and, tinted moisturizer (with SPF 30! I use the fair color). I am now officially having a mini love affair with my beauty products. I have stopped using mineral foundation (which I loved but was very messy and time consuming) most days and am really enjoying the fresh look these few products provide.

I would love to hear if you have tried this or something similar. How did it work? What else have you found that works? What is your favorite new beauty find?

No comments: