Thursday, September 17, 2009

Product Review: Twist Sponge


Sorry I have been a little absent. Life happens you know? I am trying.

A while back I purchased a set of Twist sponges when they were featured on Delight. Twist is special because they make their sponges out of natural products, often without using dyes, and they are biodegradable. Not only that, but I found when I received mine that they ship without using plastic, primarily in recycled and recyclable packaging materials.

In my set I received a couple loofah sponges, a Euro sponge, and a pack of sponge cloths. Quite frankly I loved them all, but if you are looking for the most bang for your sponge use buck, I would go with the loofah sponge. Especially if you are someone like me who doesn't have a dishwasher and is doing them daily by hand. I feel much better about my planetary impact when I am using one of these.

Now I have seen a couple other bloggers who did not care for the loofah sponge. I will be honest, it doesn't work just like your traditional toxic sponge. It doesn't quite have the same bubbling action. That's a trade-off I am willing to make. You will have to decide for yourself. But if you are in the market for some better-for-the-Earth cleaning tools, I would highly recommend these. You can of course order online, but they are also available in many health-food-like stores.

Has anyone else tried these? What did you think? What do you use instead?

2 comments:

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

I haven't heard of these until reading this post, Willo. Cheers! xx

BALLET NEWS said...

What a lovely post - thank you ! Have a great day...