Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Honey coaster

Remember this bad boy? We have been using a lot of honey to ease the coughs around here lately.  Which is great.  What is not so great is the way my husband always sets it on a paper towel when he gets it out of the cupboard.  This is a. wasteful and b. messy.  Of course it is always me who ends up peeling the paper towel off the honey jar and the counter.  

Knowing there had to be a better way I set off to my stash to find something.  Eureka!  I knew there was (at least one) a reason I was saving the board books my kids had torn up!  This beautiful page of green items is now the honey coaster saving paper towel, my sanity, and my husband from a scorning on a weekly basis.

Come on creative readers...any brilliant uses for old board book pages?  

6 comments:

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Blimey! Blogger's going a bit nutty with the comments today Willo! I will try and say again...

Haha! Husbands are very messy! That's a great idea to re-use board books, Willo :) x

Lori said...

We've cut out the pictures and put them in plastic bottles, then filled the bottles with sand and other items like rocks or small toys. You can shake the bottle up and have the kids do a scavenger hunt. (sometimes you have to put a tube in the middle to keep things close to the surface--we've used tp rolls).

babies said...

those that were not to damaged we gave to the kindergarten. but we still have some and now i know the perfect way to use them. thanks!

Willo said...

Lucy-I love your new little icon! They can be messy can't they?!? Thanks!

Lori-That is brilliant! I am going to try that. Thanks!

Eva-It was great of you to donate your books! And I am glad to help with ways to use the others.