Saturday, October 1, 2011

Harvest Festival

This little village I call home makes me smile.  Last weekend the smile came with the yearly Harvest Festival.

I am grateful for a community is brought together around an ancient celebration honoring the change of the seasons and the source of our food.

I am grateful for a Heritage Garden that the whole community can take part in.

I am grateful that I can celebrate history with my kids in our tiny historical village.

I am grateful that three generations of my family can come together to marvel at the art forms that use to clothe us and the animals that gave for that creation.

I am grateful that for the vision of my eldest standing on the caboose of a retired train, watching an active one move goods across the fields of fall.

I am so grateful for this time of year.
What is your favorite thing about harvest time?

No comments: