Monday, August 1, 2011

Mud-room Makeover

Our mud-room is much appreciated but not large, so I wanted to make the most of the space.  Before it had two closets that looked just like that, directly across from each other.  For us, it was just wasted space until I decided to change it up.

The theme of the change turned out to be doors.  We removed the bifold doors from one closet.  I found this bench at a local craft store made from...a door.  There is extra storage in the bench for our winter duds.

Antique door knobs (from Ebay) became hooks.  I founded adorable added hooks for company from a local consignment store.

Old drawers became shoe boxes.

And see that shelf right there....turns out it is made out of....

a door!
 Extra seating, storage, and usability-all upcycled and reused.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful use of DOORS! lol..seriously job well done
~~HUGS~~
blessing from a wildflower

alison@thisbloominglife said...

Great reuse, we have a similar seat with storage inside. I really should empty it out and discover what is in there! And I'm with you on those Dysons....