Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holiday Giving Ideas


The holiday shopping season is upon us, or nearly anyway.  While my first recommendation for holiday gifts would obviously be something handmade, or repurposed (although locally crafted and purchased are great options too), I get that some of you will be buying new.  Which is why I thought I would share a few things I have come across with you.


Viva Terra is starting a holiday rewards card.  Purchases of $100-$249 will get you a $25 gift card.  $250 and above gets you a $100 reward.

Ethical Ocean has put together THE COOLEST holiday shopping tool I have every seen!  The Holiday Helper Elf helps you find the exact eco gift for your friends and family.

Personally, I am doing double duty on some of my gifts.  The homeless shelter where I work has recently begun selling "Soap for Hope."  I will be making stacks of three of these sweet smelling, locally made beauties, wrapping them in brown paper and twine, and giving them as teacher/post mistress/baby sitter gifts (I will make sure to show you a picture when that happens).

What great holiday giving ideas have you had or seen?

No comments: